Rice to the Occasion Recipe Contest with Minute Rice and Food Network Magazine
“Rice to the Occasion” Recipe Contest with Minute Rice and Food Network Magazine
I’m a lucky momma! I teamed up with Food Network Magazine and Minute® Rice to share the “Rice to the Occasion” recipe contest for a chance to win a high performance blender, a year’s supply of Minute® Rice and the coveted chance to be featured in Food Network Magazine!
All you have to do is to submit your favorite recipe using Minute® Rice and we will judge your recipe based on simplicity, creativity, presentation, and originality. So go on and get in the kitch!! Click here for more details.
Why I Love Minute Rice:
If your family is as busy as mine, maintaining a balanced diet on a regular basis can become a challenge. But with Minute® Rice at the ready, wholesome meals are readily available and easy to prepare. Minute® Rice products are gluten-free and non-GMO, so I trust the quality of the ingredients and know that they’re good for my family.
The great-tasting, fluffy white rice is my family’s favorite and ready in just five minutes. Plus, the pre-portioned packaging make weeknight dinner prep a SNAP! If you like the nutty, rich flavor of brown rice, Minute® 100% Whole Grain Brown Rice is a delicious, nutritious option – it has similar nutritional values as regular long cooking brown rice, but is ready in just ten minutes, a quarter of the time!
Hungry yet?! Check out my recipe for Chipotle Chicken Bake below, as featured in Food Network Magazine, which includes Minute® Multi-Grain Medley. The hearty blend of long grain brown rice, Thai red rice, wild rice and quinoa serves as the foundation of this spicy casserole.
Chipotle Chicken Bake (as seen in Food Network Magazine’s September 2016 issue)
• 2 bags Minute® Multi-Grain Medley Rice, uncooked
• 1¾ cups chicken broth
• ¼ cup chipotle sauce (can substitute with taco or enchilada sauce)
• 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
• 1½ cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
• ½ cup diced red bell pepper
• ¼ cup diced red onion
• ½ teaspoon kosher salt
• 1½ cups shredded Chihuahua cheese, divided (can substitute with colby jack or cheddar cheese)
• ¼ cup sliced green onions
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Prepare Minute® Multi-Grain Medley according to package directions, substituting broth for water.
3. Combine chipotle sauce, chicken, broccoli, bell pepper, red onion, salt and 1 cup of cheese in a large bowl. Fold in cooked Multi-Grain Medley. Spoon mixture into a 2 ½-quart baking dish.
4. Cover baking dish with foil and bake 15 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle remaining ½ cup of cheese. Bake another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
5. Let casserole rest for 5 minutes and sprinkle with green onions before serving.
TIP: Assemble this dish in the morning before heading out for the day so all you need to do is pop it into the oven at dinnertime!
This is a paid advertisement for Food Network Magazine and Minute® Rice