Chinese Chili Sauteed Veggies
Chinese Chili Sauteed VeggiesI am absolutely obsessed with Chinese chili oil! I put it on my rice, in soup, even on eggs in the morning. This recipe for Chinese Chili Sauteed Veggies is a quick, easy and healthy dish. It's great on its own on a bed of rice for a vegetarian meal, or as a side. The chili oil is spicy and you can use any vegetable combination you want! This recipe is also amazing with eggplant, zucchini, asparagus and green beans!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium Spanish or white onion, large dice
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, 1 inch dice
- 2 cups chopped green cabbage
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1 tablespoon Chinese chili oil
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Heat a large saute pan to medium/high heat with vegetable oi.
Add the onions, garlic and ginger and saute until the onions have become translucent. Add the carrots and red bell pepper and toss for about 1 minute. Then, add the green cabbage and snow peas.
Toss vegetables with Chinese chili oil and oyster sauce making sure the vegetables are covered in the oil and sauce. Taste for seasoning and add salt & pepper, to taste.
Vegetables must still remain crunch.