Chocolate Banana Muffins
Baking for your family isn't as complicated as it seems. Even for a novice baker like myself, once you start to figure out the basics, it becomes very simple to create homemade baked treats at home.
This recipe for Chocolate Banana Muffins is very simple. It's delicious and a great snack for the friends and family. There are only a few simple key ingredients that you probably already have sitting in your pantry such as all purpose flour, baking soda, cocoa, vanilla extract, oil, brown sugar and chocolate chips. From your refrigerator, all you need is one egg and unsalted butter. Add 3 ripe bananas and you've got yourself delicious Chocolate Banana Muffins!
CHOCOLATE BANANA MUFFINS
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips, divided
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, smash the bananas and add egg, oil, butter and vanilla. Mix together until smooth. Then, mix in the brown sugar until smooth.
- Then, slowly start to add the dry ingredients about 1/2 cup at a time. Incorporate evenly.
- Add 3/4 of the chocolate chips in the mixture.
- Ladle the muffin batter evenly in muffin pan. Then top with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for about 45-50 minutes. Check if the toothpick comes out without batter.
- Take out of the muffin pan and let cook on baking rack.