Garlic Lemon Chicken
This is one of my favorite recipes to impress people with that is so easy to make. I know I say that all the time with my recipes, but this truly is very easy to make with just a couple key ingredients.
One the main key ingredients to make this Garlic Lemon Chicken recipe so special is white wine. The white wine is key to give the sauce its "made-in-a-restaurant" taste. The fresh herbs, garlic and lemon makes this easy chicken recipe vibrant and delicious.
GARLIC LEMON CHICKEN
- 4-6 chicken thighs, skin on, bone in
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup white wine
- Heat a large saute pan on medium-high heat with olive oil.
- Season skin side of all chicken thighs with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Cook until skin is golden brown and crispy.
- Once the skin is brown and crispy, flip the chicken and season the other side with remaining salt and pepper.
- Brown the other side.
- Lower heat to medium heat and add the garlic and herbs, Stir with chicken for about 2 minutes. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Then, squeeze lemon juice over the pan. Scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the white wine and continue to scrape any more brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Let simmer on medium heat until chicken is cooked all the way through for about 15 minutes, until 165 degrees internal temperature.
- The sauce will reduce to a thicker sauce.
- Serve with favorite sides.