Great Everyday Meals: Roasted Fennel and Orange Salad
- 2 small-medium fennel bulbs,sliced thinly
- 1 teapspoon salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 2 small carrots, shaved into ribbons
- 2 small oranges or grapefruit, peeled and sliced into segments
- 1/2 pound baby kale, washed and dried
- 1/2 pound baby spinach, washed and dried
- FOR THE FRIED GOAT CHEESE:
- 1 log goat cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Olive Oil
Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the sliced fennel on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss with salt and pepper and roast in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
Place the goat cheese in the freezer for about 10 minutes and take out. Heat a frying pan with a couple tablespoons of olive oil. Slice the goat cheese and dip in egg and breadcrumbs. Fry until golden brown. Set aside.
In a salad bowl, toss in the greens with the carrot ribbons and oranges. Reserve some of the carrots and oranges for garnish. Take the roasted fennel and gently toss in. Drizzle a couple teaspoons of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of salad and couple cracks of fresh ground pepper.
Top with fried goat cheese and serve.