Veggie Crunch Tuna Salad
- 2 tuna steaks – room temperature
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon deli mustard
- 2 teaspoons capers – roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper – sliced
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1 celery stalk – cut in half and sliced thinly at a diagonal
- 1 bunch scallions – sliced thinly at a diagonal
- 1/2 red onion – sliced thinly
Heat the indoor grill and spray with cooking spray or olive oil to prevent tuna from sticking.
While grill is heating up, make the dressing for the salad. In a bowl mix the chopped capers, dijon mustard, 1/2 cup of olive oil and some fresh cracked pepper with a whisk. Set aside.
Season one side of the tuna with 1 teaspoon of salt, fresh cracked pepper and a light drizzle of olive oil. Put the seasoned side down and season the other side. Cook tuna until desired temperature.
I suggest rare for immediate consumption and cooked medium to medium well, if packing for lunch. Let the tuna steaks rest for a couple of minutes before slicing.
Add the tuna in to the bowl with the dressing and gently toss with a rubber spatula. Add the sliced veggies and toss together.
Serve on a bed of salad greens, with a baguette, crackers or anything you desire!