Grilled Chipotle Chicken Tenders w/ Avocado & Roasted Corn Salsa
In keeping with the Mexican theme, a great accompaniment to the spicy chipotle chicken, is a cool and refreshing avocado and roasted corn salsa. Salsa has evolved from the “normal” salsa found in Americanized Mexican restaurants across the country to a more gourmet salsa. Today, salsa can be made with fresh mangoes, pineapples, avocados, and citrus just to name a few.
- 1.5 lbs of chicken tenders
- 1 jar of Frontera Chipotle Salsa
- 1 can of sweet corn kernels (or about 3-4 ears of fresh corn taken off the cobb)
- 1 ripe but firm avocado – diced
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- 1/4 cup of diced red onions
- 1 TBL of deveined and finely diced jalapeño
- The juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup of diced green onions
- 1 tsp salt
Take about half of the contents in a jar of Frontera Chipotle Salsa and marinate the chicken from at least 20 minutes, but not more than an hour. Grill over a medium-high flame for about 3 minutes on each side or until it is cooked all the way through.
In a non-stick pan, take the corn and 1/2 tsp of salt and pan roast it in high heat until it has some toasted color and set aside to cool. After the roasted corn has cooled, take all the diced vegetables and toss it together gently with the lime juice and serve alongside the grilled chipotle chicken.