Jicama Slaw w/ Lemongrass Ginger Kombucha Vinaigrette
Grilled foods are so good paired with cool, crunchy slaw and I made this Jicama Slaw w/ Lemongrass Ginger Kombucha Vinaigrette using NessAlla Kombucha. This vinaigrette recipe is light, full of flavor and would be great on any type of salad.
Jicama is a root vegetable that looks almost like an overgrown potato. It is crunchy like a radish, yet can be sweet in flavor and used in many Mexican dishes. In the Philippines, I remember eating jicama with salt or fermented shrimp!
In this recipe, we will be taking jicama, slicing off the skin and julienning (slicing in matchstick pieces) them as the main star of this slaw.
- 2 cups thinly sliced jicama
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced red radishes
- 1 cup pre-bagged broccoli slaw mix
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch of scallions, sliced diagonally
- For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup NessAlla Kombucha Lemongrass Ginger Kombucha
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil