Peanut Butter Truffle Ice Cream by Kimmer's Ice Cream
Peanut Butter Truffle Ice Cream was contributed by Kimmer's Ice CreamI met Kimberly Elam at her cute ice cream shop in the quaint town of Downtown St. Charles, Illinois. I found out that she started her homemade ice cream shop when only a couple years ago, when she was 22 years old. Her ice cream is now sold in five different markets throughout the suburbs, including my favorite, Standard Market in Westmont.
She came on my live cooking talkshow, LIVE! With Momma Cuisine and shared this yummy recipe for Peanut Butter Truffle Ice Cream. ENJOY!PEANUT BUTTER TRUFFLE ICE CREAM
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 6 oz Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
1. Heat heavy cream in microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
2. Add chocolate chips to cream and allow to sit so that chocolate chips melt.
3. Stir cream and chocolate with whisk until chocolate chips are incorporated.
4. Refrigerate until firm.
Ice Cream Directions:
1. Combine milk and sugar using a whisk or hand mixer.
2. Stir in heavy cream and vanilla.
3. Pour milk mixture into frozen freezer bowl. Add peanut butter.
4. Let mix/freeze for 15-20 minutes.
5. Once thickened, stir in truffles.
6. Pour ice cream into air tight container and freeze for a minimum of 2 hours.
7. Remove ice cream from freezer 15 minutes before serving to allow for easy scooping. Enjoy! :)