Savory Italian Pasta Sauce Recipes to Impress Your Guests
It just takes boiling water, a teaspoon of oil and a pinch of salt to cook pasta of any type whether it is tagliatelle, lasagne, penner or any other variant. The trickiest part is its sauce that decides the color, texture and taste of your pasta. This traditional food of Italy has now become a global favorite because of the countless customization options. From veggies to exotic seafood, you can add anything to personalize. However, the most important part is its sauce that we prepare with secret spices and other ingredients. If you always wonder how restaurant pasts are more delicious than homemade, note down the recipes as we are mentioning below to know.
Italian Sausage Pasta Sauce
Are you tired of sweet Italian pasta sauces? If yes, try this new recipe which is spicy and flavored with some new ingredients. Please note down the ingredients before you start preparing.
● Italian sausages (1 pound)
● Canned San Marzano tomato sauce (15 ounces)
● Canned tomatoes (16 ounces)
● Lean ground beef ()½ pound)
● Oregano (1 teaspoon)
● Basil (1 teaspoon)
● Bay leaf (1 leaf)
● Ground black pepper (¼ teaspoon)
● Chopped garlic (1 clove)
● Chopped onion (1 onion)
● Olive oil (1 Tablespoon)
● Salt according to taste
Directions to prepare
Total preparation time:- 1.5 hours
Total Servings:- 6 Servings
1) Boil your pasta as per the instructions given on its packing. Once cooked, drain the water to keep them aside.
2) Cut your sausages into ½ inch slices and cook them in a large skillet for around 10 minutes.
3) Take another skillet and add ground beef, onion, garlic and olive oil. Heat all ingredients on medium heat until it turns brown.
4) In the skillet of sausages, mix tomatoes, tomato sauce, bay leaf, basil, oregano, black pepper and salt. Stir occasionally at low heat for the next one hour to obtain a distinctive flavor.
5) Once you obtain a thick texture, pour the sauce in your favorite and enjoy it.
Also Read This: Italian Pasta Sauce: A Flavor-filled Primer to Any Italian Dish
Pasta Sauce with Roasted Veggies
If you are a strict vegetarian and looking for a good recipe of pasta sauce, how about considering roasted veggies? The oven-roasted flavor of sauce makes it distinctive from all regular pasta you generally order online. Moreover, its preparation method is also very simple. All you need is some patience and important ingredients.
● 1-inch wedges of large red onions (2)
● Orange bell peppers (2)
● Red bell peppers (2)
● Whole peeled San Marzano tomatoes (14 ounces)
● Cherry tomatoes (12)
● Basil leaves (half cup)
● Garlic cloves (4)
● Salt and pepper to taste
Directions to prepare
Total Time:- 50 minutes
Total Servings:- 4
1) Take a large pan, add onion, all peppers, garlic, oil and stir them thoroughly. Sprinkle salt and pepper once you start getting a smoky aroma.
2) Preheat your oven at 175 degrees C and roast all the veggies that stirred in the pan. Cook it for around 30 minutes until tender.
3) Take a blender, add all veggies, canned tomatoes, basil leaves and garlic to make a thick paste.
4) Your San Marzano pasta sauce is ready to mix with different types of pasta.
Pasta cooking instructions
The tenderness in Penne pasta will be different from Tortellini or Fregula. Therefore, the time of cooking also varies. Always read the instructions carefully regarding the amount of water and the average time for boiling. Also, allow adequate time to your pasta for cooling after draining water.
If you manage to attain perfection in cooking pasta sauce, any pasta can be more delicious than the options you regularly order online. Pasta is an Italian dish that tastes better when you add all native ingredients. Some online food stores are currently supplying authentic Italian ingredients all over the world. Check out which one is serving in your locality. It would be better if they are providing the entire kit of important ingredients.