Slow Cooker Beef Stew
As soon as the air turns chillier, one of the first foods that comes to my mind is a hearty beef stew.
Large and fork tender chunks of beef, paired with simple root vegetables sitting in a rich tomato sauce is a scene commercials are made out of!
This recipe for Slow Cooker Beef Stew is so simple as you literally throw all the ingredients in - give it a quick stir and let it go over about 8 hours. This recipe is perfect when made overnight, and when you wake up, you've got dinner (or lunch) ready for the day (or two)!
- 2 lbs of cubed chuck roast
- 1 cup carrots – cubed
- 1 onion – largely chopped
- 1 bell pepper – largely chopped
- 4 white potatoes – quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic – minced
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 1/4 cup of red wine
- 3/4 cup of beef broth
- 2 teaspoons of Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 2 dried Bay Leaves
Put all the ingredients in a slow cooker.
Stir gently and cover.
Cook for 7-8 hours on low until beef is fork tender.