Slow-Cooker Pork Roast
Tonight, I will be working late and will be home way after dinner. One of my biggest burdens when I'm out of the house during dinner time, is leaving my husband to fend for himself and make dinner for the kids! (Let's be honest, momma's..) As much as I know he's capable, as a mom, I like to make sure that there's a great dinner ready for my family after a long day.
So, last night I plopped a pork roast in my slow cooker, surrounded it with onions, carrots, celery, radishes, swiss chard and a can of crushed tomatoes, set it on low and put the timer on for 12 hours.
This morning, the house smelled AMAAAAAAZING (Oprah voice)!!!! My husband made himself a packed lunch, and dinner is served this evening.
Gotta love a slow cooker!
- 2.5-3 lb pork roast
- 2 medium carrots – large chopped
- 1 Spanish onion – large chopped
- 2 stalks of celery – large chopped
- 2 cups of red radishes
- 1 bunch of organic red Swiss chard – roughly chopped
- 1-15 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth
- 1.5 tablespoons of Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
Place your roast in the slow cooker. Add the chopped vegetables, surrounding the roast.
Pour the crushed tomatoes and chicken broth over the roast and vegetables, then add the 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and seasonings.
Set the heat on low and slow cook for about 8-12 hours, until the roast is fork tender.