Spicy Pork Lettuce Wraps
Spicy Pork Lettuce Wraps Recipe by Momma Cuisine
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger, or 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup julienne carrots
- 1 cup julienne zucchini
- 1/2 cup julienne yellow squash
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced jalapeno pepper, deveined and seeded
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
Heat a large skillet with oil to medium-high heat.
Add the onions and garlic and saute for about 2 minutes, until softened. Add the ground pork and brown. Using a wooden spoon, break the pieces apart to small pieces. Cook until most of the liquid from the ground pork as evaporated. Add the salt, crushed red pepper, oregano and ginger and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
Add the julienne vegetables and jalapeno and saute until the vegetables have softened yet still retaining it’s shape. Add the soy sauce and toss together.
Serve and wrap in lettuce cups.
Use butter, Boston or iceberg lettuce. You can use large Romaine lettuce as well.