A taste of Baltimore: the city's top 10 best food festivals you won’t want to miss
Welcome to Baltimore, a city known for its great food, flavorful festivals, and friendly people. While there are many delicious places to eat in Baltimore, the city truly shines when it comes to food festivals. From crabcakes to chicken wings, these ten festivals will tantalize your taste buds and leave you wanting more.
1. The National Hard Crab Derby and Seafood Festival - This festival is a must for any seafood lover. Held annually in September, the Crab Derby features crab races, live music, and of course, plenty of delicious seafood.
2. The Great Baltimore Oyster Festival - Love oysters? Then this is the festival for you! Held in October, the Great Baltimore Oyster Festival features live music, oyster shucking and eating contests, and of course, plenty of fresh oysters.
3. The Maryland Wine Festival - Held in September, the Maryland Wine Festival is a celebration of all things wine. With over 100 different wines to sample, live music and food trucks, this is the perfect event for any wine lover.
4. The Baltimore Coffee and Tea Festival - This festival is a must for any coffee or tea lover. With over 100 different types of coffee and tea to sample, live music, and workshops, the Baltimore Coffee and Tea Festival is the perfect place to learn about and enjoy your favorite beverage.
5. The Charm City BBQ Festival - This festival is a must for any barbecue lover. With live music, delicious barbecue, and plenty of beer, the Charm City BBQ Festival is the perfect place to enjoy a summer day.
6. The Taste of Baltimore - The Taste of Baltimore is a foodie's paradise. With over 50 different restaurants represented, this event features the best of Baltimore's food scene.
7. The Baltimore Seafood Festival - This festival is a must for any seafood lover. With live music, crab cake eating contests, and plenty of fresh seafood, the Baltimore Seafood Festival is the perfect place to enjoy a summer day.
8. The Maryland State Fair - The Maryland State Fair is a great place to enjoy some of the best food the state has to offer. With fried foods, carnival rides, and live music, the Maryland State Fair is the perfect place to spend a summer day.
9. The Baltimore Farmers' Market and Bazaar - This market is a great place to find fresh, locally grown produce and goods. With over 150 vendors, the Baltimore Farmers' Market is the perfect place to find everything from fruits and vegetables to flowers and handmade goods.
10. The Baltimore City Fair - The Baltimore City Fair is a great place to enjoy some of the best food the city has to offer. With fried foods, carnival rides, and live music, the Baltimore City Fair is the perfect place to spend a summer day.
Now that you have your list of must-see food festivals in Baltimore, here are some top tips on how to prepare your trip to make the most of your time here:
1. Book your tickets in advance - Many of these festivals sell out, so it's important to book your tickets early.
2. Find accommodation near the festival - Staying near the festival will make it easier to get to and from the event.
3. Plan your meals - With so many great food options, it's important to plan ahead, so you don't miss out on anything.
4. Bring cash - Many of these festivals are cash only, so be sure to bring enough to cover your expenses.
5. Dress for the weather - Baltimore can be hot in the summer, so be sure to dress appropriately.
6. Book a Baltimore car service to get around - With so many festivals to choose from, a Baltimore car service can be a great option for getting around.
7. Bring a reusable water bottle - you'll be doing a lot of tasting, and you'll want to stay hydrated.
8. Come hungry! - These festivals are all about enjoying good food, so come prepared to eat your fill.
9. Leave space for dessert and surprise - Many of these festivals have great dessert options, so don't fill up too much on savory food. Also, be sure to leave some room in your schedule for surprises. Not having everything settled in advance can sometimes lead to the best experiences.
10. Have fun! - These festivals are a great opportunity to try new foods and explore Baltimore's culinary scene, so relax and enjoy yourself.
So, there you have it - our list of the top 10 food festivals in Baltimore that you won't want to miss. Be sure to book your tickets early, find accommodation near the festival, and come hungry! And most importantly, have fun!