Coconut Almond Granola
My family loves yogurt and granola and I often make this very simple recipe for homemade granola. What I love about granola recipes is that you can taylor-fit it to your liking. You can add dried fruit and a kinds of different nuts and grains, and even seeds.
We absolutely love coconut in our family too, so I often make my granola recipes with coconut flakes. It's such a tropical surprise, especially on a cold winter day.
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup amaranth
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup grated coconut, sweetened
- 1/2 raw slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or honey